Sunday, April 15, 2012

What a night!

I will try my best to not get all cliche' on  all of you this morning...The damn Hallmark card sayings are oozing right out of my pores.

Wow- what a night.

Amazing.
Magical.
Moving.
Neighborhood.
Lasting.
Changing.
Friends.
Acceptance.
Gratitude.
Spiritual.
Loving.
Giving.
Emotional.

You know there is more...So much more.

Moments are embedding so deep-
I know the moments were not all shared. I wish they could be.  So you would all know just how amazing moments were last night.

Since we don't wear badges or letters on our foreheads you would not know all the parents of 'Special' children that stopped by.

They were the ones grinning from ear to ear. Taking in deep breaths filled with great pride and astonishment.

Our community rallied.

Not for me.

But for them.

EVERY ONE OF THEM.

They knew it- they felt it. They saw it and it was inspiring.

We know our road is a different one.

We know that times are tough, difficult and at times, painful.

But in between all those layers, lies pure radiant lasting love.

I have been touched.
I have been changed.
Forever.

The amazing food you had last night was made with awareness.
 By an amazing chef by the name of Alvin whose son has Autism. 
He is OBama's caterer...
But that means nothing to me.
Alvin is a dad.  A 'special' dad.
Now THAT speaks volumes.

His kindness and generosity poured out from his soul.
 He gets it. 
He lives it.
And he shared that with me.
He shared that with everyone.

Did you notice the beautiful ladies that sold you your t-shirts? 
The owner of Sweet Freaks and our State Rep....Yep- you heard me.
 Our STATE REPRESENTITIVE:~)

Donating their time, their moments to be shared with us.

We had Doctors and lawyers and company execs...but they had no business agenda.
 Not last night.

They did something so much more that operate or file taxes.
They filled the room with CELEBRATION.


Celebrating acceptance through awareness.

You were apart of something big last night.
Not just a party with fantastic Martini's.
 But the beginning to greatness.
A new way to celebrate differences.

I am not here to educate you on chromosomes or low muscle tone.
I am hear to say that "It is what it is" and its time to accept.

Celebrate the moments that we are given.

Tangible,
 Bright,
 friggen technicolor moments that we all receive from these kids.

OUR kids.
Kids of the community.
Kids of the world.

I am merely a mom.

Walking the walk and talking the talk.

I am humbled and grateful as I sit here today.
Wishing maybe that I had one less beer (OK, maybe 4 less)...

Glowing from the warmth.

Tickled from the friends that came from near and far. (Yes- that was me, speechless as a long lost friend from 30 years ago came..and yes I am still smiling.)

There wasn't enough time to talk, to say thank you , to hug and embrace.

But you all know me.
You know how I roll.
Honest,
Raw,
Heartfelt
Greatful
Peace
Love
Loud
Glittering~
understanding.
Happiness.

From the very friggen bottom of my bursting over with pride heart.



                         
                                                                      Thank you







1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed it! Getting back from Florida put me behind and Joe was at the firehouse, so I instead raised a glass of Mike's Hard in your honor! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete