Tuesday, April 3, 2012

new directions


New directions

I remember reading years ago about women changing paths.
It was in every magazine I picked up. From Lady's Home Journal to Cosmopolitan. Women with influential jobs changing directions.
Changing careers in a blink of an eye. Jumping off the edge into uncharted territory.

Kinda like me.

I AM WHO I AM


I am trying to keep my eyes open. It feels as though I am sky diving naked with my eyes glued shut. Scared of falling, of failing and of public humiliation (That's if the naked part is actually real).

I remember thinking "Wow- that could be me" ~"these women are nuts" and "how would you know what road to take"?

These were high powered women, Doctors, lawyers , bankers, movers and shakers. One day they just threw caution to the wind, walked out of their costume and did something that they had passion for. (Damn I love that word "PASSION")

Okay, some went into crazy directions....Hmmm, crazy?

Not to them.

There was the millionaire that became a soybean farmer. She used her crops to feed the hungry. A doctor that left her practice to quilt. She sent her blankets to 3rd world countries.
Crazy?
Maybe not at all.

I have a friend that claims he has no real passion. Yuck, I would rather sleep all day. A life without passion is a life without raw joy. Passion has so many meanings, so many directions, so many ways to bend.

I am actually passionate about others passion.
Imagine that.
Think about that.

What brings more pleasure to your soul than seeing and feeling someone doing something that they live for. It pours out of their being. When passion hits the heart it explodes like dynamite. It brings life and great dimension to everything you see, touch and taste.

Seems like yesterday,

Ugh-30 years ago when I stepped foot into the Beauty field I was a reckless teen unaware of my true passion. I loved fashion, hair, make up and glitter. It kept my batteries charged for years. I was enjoying my 15 minutes of fame. Standing tall on platforms across the country. Telling people that wanted to hear, how to achieve "IT"...
Hahaha,
But what was "IT"?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Beauty from the outside can be robbed in an instant. At a young age, beauty can be destroyed my something as simple as acne. Beautiful hair, can be cut. Beautiful clothing goes out of style.

But a beautiful heart will last a lifetime.

My persona as many of you believe is covered in glitter.
Yes it certainly is.
That is the daily make up I choose to wear. But if you take a second and chisel the top layer off you will see someone that is exactly like you.

I am changing.
Changing my path.
The beauty world is a lovely place...
Just not as lasting as I had hoped 30 years ago.

This new path has been set before me. It was a teeny tiny fork in the road. Thank God my eyes were open so I could see the direction.

I don't think I even had a choice this time.
I don't think I even gave it much thought. I just rolled into this.
Morphed into "HER".

All I know today is that I like "Her"....She truly is a work in progress.
I believe that 'she' will do great things.
'She' will change lives and change minds.


I will always have my doubters. ( I live among many)..But that just fuels my fire.

Tell me I can't.
Oh, I WILL.
Tell me "I won't.
Oh, I HAVE.
Tell me that you don't BELIEVE.

See ya'.

Monday at 2:20 p.m. Chicago time I will be interviewed live on the Family Balancing Act Radio show.
I have been allotted 20 minutes. Good luck containing me.
I see a regular spot in my future.

Maybe I'm not in Good House Keeping yet-
But keep your subscriptions renewed.
I am on my way.

Bam.



No comments:

Post a Comment