Thursday, August 30, 2012

Get your own damn life.

Seriously?
Truth be told?

I'm getting a little tired of all the wanna-be's.

Flattering?



Nope.

A little secret I hold is my love for Pink.
Not just the bursting with sunshine color, but the singer.

Love her to bits.

To me she is super cool, edgy, beautiful in her own way, a total bad ass, darling mom, fantastic vocalist and did you see her flying on that damn ribbon on the awards show a few years back?

She is PINK.


I wanna be her!



But I can't.
I'm HOLLY.

Never ever, ever did I really wanna take from someone and make it my own.


NEVER.

I like her.

A ton.

But that's what makes her so unique.
She's HER.

If another vocalist came out and called themselves purple,
with
tattoos and spiky blode locks, sang her lyrics and swung from the Grammy's we would boo them off.

Right?

So think about it.

Be yourself.

Get your own style.

Your own ideas and own them.

Rock On in your own damn 15 minutes of fame.

No need to copy.

We all get this amazing soap box and huge auditorium to perform in.


Its called LIFE.

We get to pick the characters that we want to tag along with us.

We solely get to choose the wardrobe and even the lyrics and melody.

Its OURS to perform.

How friggen cool is that?

Don't you get it?



You can stand alone.

Write your own destiny.
Create and mold it any way that you wish.

No need to copy,
Its just getting on my nerves....


 Each and every day that we wake from our dream land we are given the opportunity to not only erase yesterdays scenes but we are blessed with another 24 hours to do it again.

Maybe the right way this time.

How do we erase a bad scene?

With an I'm sorry, a do over a 2nd chance.
With a huge reflection that you did it the wrong way.


I chose this platform.

I am who I am is my life.

Its what I live.

Its my 1 act play.


 
 
Although I have carefully chosen whom I want to play my scenes with, I am grateful for the peeps that want to be apart.


But for those that need to take, borrow and steal ideas in order to achieve their own 15 minutes of fame.
I say Get a Life.
Your very own life.
Your own words, style and direction.


Be who You desire to be.

Its yours to create.
Not just who you want to be, but who you really are.

 
Too deep to understand?

Come on YOU can do this.
Its a new day a new dawn and its ready for you.
Be unique.

Be You.


Be real.


I will buy a ticket for the show.
So will everyone else if its genuine and honest.

It may take time to figure it all out.


But in the end I promise your audience will be vast.

No need to take my glitter away.
There is plenty to share.

Besides once you realize that its yours to acquire,
 glitter just might not be for you.

You might just be a rhinestone kinda gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment