Saturday, July 6, 2013

The people we meet.

I often write about words that set me on fire.
Words like,
Acceptance,
Honor,
Love,
Appreciation,
Blessings......

But lately I realize that my world ignites from the people I meet. The things they bring to my table. The lessons they teach me, even if they are unaware.

We, if we choose, meet people all the time.

 Its truly up to ourselves what we do with them.

To be kind,
my new insane family!
To ask questions,
To care,
To not judge.

Unless we live our life in fear of others.

 I hope that all who read this enjoy the people that they touch and whom touch them daily.

I wish I was able to share all of my private emails. The ones of once strangers that are  now enjoying my journey with me.

Those humble words of gratitude that allow me the smile on my face as I enter the bed, and the words that give me a bigger grin as I am blessed to wake to a new, amazing, unwritten  day.


Sally (Kiernan) on Mad Men enjoying the day with us:)

I never take for granted those that I meet.
 I have learned that everyone has a unique and intriguing story.

Even more insane family!

Oh Yes, I have met many that think my questions are intrusive or nosey.


But that wont stop me.

Actually Nate, has taken over my voice at times, as he introduces the world with  his daily "Hello, I'm Nate" along with a firm handshake.
 Most peeps become our friends, some even stay and become family.

Our latest trip to California was just that.

A Holly-ride of amazing, generous, heart full humans.

From the talks on the airplane that originated from a smile, to the amazing man at our pool.

Stories that will knock your socks off.
All from a simple hello.

Anther huge lesson that I have learned along my way, is to "ask"...simply ask.

If you question from your heart I see no worries ahead.

It began with a simple Facebook message to a producer in California that knows a friend of mine.


It spoke volumes as this man wrote me back within 24 hours.
It trumpeted sounds of character as he had already looked up my website.
 He was kind, he was honest and he was magical. (may I add handsome....sorry Hal, had too)
As you see I asked this man for a simple something.

It ended with a day of celebration on the MTV's #1 show AWKWARD.  Yes you heard me. I asked, he delivered with kindness.

Nate was treated like a king as we were welcomed with Producer chairs and food from their service. Honestly, what a beautiful man.
 He gave.
 He got back my friendship.
Forever and honest.
The cast of AWKWARD.

We spent a sunny magical day poolside at my favorite little Hollywood hide away.
I went to check on who Nate was carrying on with.
His name was Ingo.

A gentle soul full of tattoo's and an accent from his German homeland.
Ingo you see is a drummer.
A real drummer.
 

A professional drummer for decades to bands that exceed my musical expertise.
We joined laughs and smiles. We exchanged e-mails and bid each other a fond good-bye.

Seriously, who has friends like this? I DO!!!!!!


Ingo my new friend will be hosting a "Drummers for Down Syndrome" awareness event, including some of his amazing drummer peeps.
Are you kidding me?

It was that easy.

It feels better than the indulgence of oozing hot fudge loaded with nuts.

Money cannot purchase this.

Take you mansions and your Prada,

I have friends.

 Friends that understand me and my crazy mind along with the notion that we really can make a difference in this world.

Yes they jumped on to Holly's crazy bus.

But the amazing thing,
they haven't asked to open the door and jump off.

Imagine that?!

Shall I continue to talk about my new sister. My new brother, brother in-law. Their kids that somehow blended right out of my lap and into my heart.

The friends that I now love, and think about daily. The friends that open up their homes, nurture me with warmth and genuine care.
 And then there were their friends that they shared.
The gals who not only bought me a bracelet and left it with inspiring words at my bedside, and yet another that borrowed something for me to use.....It just kept pouring.

Aunt Marcia
Uncle Larry
 It poured so heavy that I was eating humble pie.
Daily.



How did I meet them...I have no idea.

 Maybe I'm just lucky..

Or maybe I have worked really hard to achieve this.

It was never about money,
Fame,
fashion or ego.

Just the simple idea that I had.. that we should all be accepted as equal.

That 'I am who I am' would resonate throughout our world, as loud as 'just do it'.


Our crazy kind waiter!



How about the man that we met as we were in awe of a store front on Melrose Ave.

 The shop was full of gowns that only Gaga would wear.
 Lindsey stood with delight.
I asked the man close by if he knew what this place was, no door no sign just art.

Well, it was HIS shop.
AND YES, we got a private tour.


Cuz I asked,
I said hello,
I stopped to talk.
 



 
 
 

 
Give back more than you get and the world will align.

Thank you Chris for Nate's beach toys!

Daily I feel so damn lucky.

But Luck has nothing to do with this does it?

I work hard.
I give,
Then I give more.
I love with an open kind heart.
I do not judge others.
I listen,
I ask.
I say hello.
 I will never be able to tell you about the lives that touch mine.

I can only tell you to go out and meet someone new today.
Or tomorrow.

The opportunities are endless.
Some of my peeps:)
You're not happy with what surrounds you?

GET UP.

Change that.

I am who I am.
I am so grateful for my friends, the old and the new.

I am grateful beyond measure.

If you're reading this it is probable that we have  met and that we are steps away from something amazing.
From my outstanding friend Joey:)

I hope you don't mind...
But I'm just going to start with a simple 'hello'.










2 comments:

  1. Wow Holly....you are amazing.... you are awesome.... so beautiful... inside and out. I am blessed to call you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all it ever takes is a warm, kind smile. my friend treated me to "the book of mormon" for my birthday. as you know the seats are super close together in that particular theater. a man sat down next to me and we both smiled at each other. what else can you do in such a cozy little spot. before the show and during the intermission we chatted about our lives. he was sooo very nice. it turns out it was his birthday as well. two june 26 birthday people sitting down next to each other in that big ass theater. who would have thunk it. how sad would it have been if we did not figure that out...it was like fate. (lol) all because of a warm, kind smile.

    ReplyDelete