Monday, February 20, 2012

Let's get this party started!

Let's get this party started!


I definitely have enough passion to fuel this campaign.  Enough amazing friends to keep me focused.
 A family who loves, laughs yet ultimately supports me.
I have a mentor that believes in what I see.
I am surrounded by those with great knowledge, passion and inspiration.

Would you believe that a friend actually has recorded an "I am who I am' song- seriously beyond cool.
But I still sit here quivering.

What if no one listens?

Seriously Hol.....

Not listen to you?

Get a friggen grip. Full speed ahead.  No going back. Focus.  You got this.
Breathe.
Its a new damn day.

Move over Gaga.
I got something to say!


Be careful what you wish for?

Really?
Is that what this is.

I don't think my mission is a wish.
"I am who I am' is just too simple.
I am a mom in motion.
A warrior on a journey.   (thank you Steven- I love that one.)

A  little girl who refuses to grow up.
Not going to accept the ignorance and stupidity of others.
It took me years to grow this backbone.
Not gonna crumble now.

The "I AM WHO I AM" non-for profit CELEBRATION campaign has arrived.

ACCEPTANCE and AWARENESS through CELEBRATION.

Don't you love it?
Tingles from the possibilities?

Come on, jump on board  with me.


Yes- my focus is on Down Syndrome.

But can't you see the gigantic umbrella?
Autism, bullying, gay, short, tall, pink, purple, striped?
I can.

Clearly.


To live as one.


To remember that under those tattoos of difference is a human being.

You must realize that just a short time ago- these magical Downs kids were sent to an institution.  Kept in secret.
No possibilities.
No future,
No love
No acceptance.

Nothing.

They were deemed un-worthy.
The 60's mentality still exists.
Don't fool yourselves.

Lets shake it up a bit.
Put some excitement into being unique.
after all isn't that all of our lives journey's?

We must educate.
Bring awareness.
Pop the heads of ignorance and re-write what is 'normal'.

Open up their eyes.
Doors.
Hearts
and leave a lasting impression.

Nathaniel and hundreds of other 'Nathaniel's' live amongst us.  They will continue with this up hill climb way after we are gone.
We need to set the wheels in motion.
NOW.


Acceptance and awareness with an ATTITUDE!
My son deserves a world of endless possibilities.
Just like yours.

He deserves doors opened.
wide.
Opportunities,
and the bar set as high as possible.

There but for the grace of God go I" you said.

Hah-I am the lucky one.

It is his right.
To be heard.
embraced.
loved
accepted
challenged
held
honored.

If you have been lucky enough to be touched.
You get it.

If you have not yet been blessed,
there is still time.


(stay tuned)

No comments:

Post a Comment