Monday, December 12, 2011

If I only knew then.

Who knew that a simple blog could bring me so much happiness? I am extremely excited to see where this new adventure will take me. I have to thank my neighbor for coming over to help me set up today. Not only is she one of the funniest blogger's I know, but she is determined to stop me from using the .........dots...................in between all of my sentences. It will be a struggle....But I will work hard to make her proud of me.

Thoughts are flooding through my head as I sit here. So much to write about, so little time. My blog will be a maze through my passion to give Down Syndrome a voice. My road is a long one.  I will fight to the end as Nate enters this great big world with wide eyed hope for a magnificent future.  He will have just that.  With wisdom, laughter and just plain luck we all can make a difference on how our children are seen and heard. I will never pretend that this is an easy road.  But I strongly believe that each and every morning as I wake up I have a choice.  To be happy or to wallow in pity and self doubt. I choose to live a happy, crazy and at times unpredictable life. It's mine for the challenge and I'm gonna hit it head on.

I have several Mantra's that I live by.


It is what it is.
It will be what it will be.
I am who I am.

These words are what I say to myself over and over.  Believe me it doesn't always work.  But at the very end I hope that the good out weighs the bad.

Live and let live


Just remember to enjoy the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment